The Information Security Operations Manager is responsible for managing all operational information security services. These duties include managing a team of technicians and analysts who provide the following daily functions: Security Triage (ST), Security Infrastructure (SI), Incident Response (IR), and Security Quality (SQ). Additional support includes SIEM support, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Privileged Access Management Operations, Insider Threat Program, and Cyber Threat Hunting. This position is responsible for providing security leadership in order to improve the security posture of the agency.
The Information Security Operations Manager is both a daily manager of the security personnel providing security functions, and a subject matter expert for all information security operational activities and future needs. Duties include but not limited to:
• Manage the relationship with the customer
• Provide weekly and monthly reports on SOC investigations and activities
• Determine staffing requirements: guiding recruitment, hiring, training, development, and retention of highly qualified team members
• Foster innovation, creativity, collaboration, and professional growth of the SOC team
• Maintain strong standards, and promote productivity, accountability and high morale
• Oversee training and exercises to ensure SOC team proficiency
• Influence and improve upon existing processes through innovation and operational change
• Develop and support strategic plans and projects to meet SOC goals and objectives
• Conduct "after action" reviews to identify lessons learned and best practices
• Regularly review standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure SOC continues to effectively meet operational requirements
• Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
• Ensure the team is providing excellent customer service and support
Remote work may be permitted however it is only approved in-writing by the SEC COR
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent and 10+ years related experience.
• Demonstrated experience with Information Security Operations including security triage, incident handling, and incident response in addition to working knowledge of security infrastructure technologies including but not limited to IDS/IPS, End Point Detection, Malware Detection, Web Proxies, Firewalls, Packet Capture, Data Loss Prevention, Forensics, DB Security Monitoring, Compliance and Threat Modeling, Email Threat Protection, and Cloud Security.
• Demonstrated experience leading a team of 25 technicians and analysts. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and have experience with presenting in front of senior federal management.
• Demonstrated experience managing a program consisting of 25 personnel with duties such as hiring and personnel management, contract management, resolving issues with invoicing, financial management, etc.
• Familiarity with information security best practices such as NIST special publications related to security operations
• Understanding of and adherence to Government change management and configuration management policies and practices.
• PMP, CISSP or equivalent certification.
No clearance required to start work. You will be required to undergo SEC background check once employed.
Experience working with U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission is desired but not required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability