Director of Finance About MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
Nestled in the waterside community of Leonardtown, Maryland, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is a full-service hospital, delivering state-of-the-art emergency, acute inpatient and outpatient care. With innovative technology and a dedication to excellence, our staff is committed to providing you and your family quality medical care with a compassionate touch. Whether you receive medical care, utilize rehabilitative therapy or participate in a community screening, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital places a priority on delivering a positive healthcare experience. General Summary of Position:
Manages day-to-day activities of one or more of the following areas: accounting, payroll, budget, reimbursement, and financial planning.Minimum Qualifications
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Master's degree in Finance or other related field.
- Previous hospital management experience.
About MedStar Health
- Develops and contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Ensures compliance with hospital/facility policies and procedures and governmental/accreditation regulations.
- Consult with Vice President for Finance concerning the hospital's financial affairs, development of operating policies and procedures, department needs and problems. Keeps Vice President informed of departmental activities.
- Discuss management problems, department budgets and major purchase priorities, policies, procedures and regulatory matters with others as necessary for effective decision-making.
- Direct the maintenance of complete and systematic records of assets, liabilities and financial transactions so that control over finances may be maintained.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of reports for administration, regulatory agencies and third party payers as required including but not limited to the Annual Audit, Annual Operating Budget, Annual Capital Equipment Budget, Annual Inflation Adjustment System Filing, Medicare Cost Report, Monthly Financial & Statistical Report, and Annual Tax Returns.
- Ensure that statistical information is kept as required by regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that the Hospital patient charges are in compliance with the rates approved by the HSCRC and/or other regulatory agencies.
- Consult with and advise departments concerning functions and activities, work assignments, workflow, deadlines, policies, procedures, problems, grievances, interdepartmental relations.
- Leads/ directs the payroll functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Posting ID: 554844173Posted: 2020-07-01