For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world's premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com. Plant Engineer - Decatur, ILSoy Protein Complex (East Plant)
This is an exempt level position.Job Description:
The Soy Protein Complex is seeking a Plant Engineer to assist with the management of capital projects to improve the operation of the plant. They will oversee the design and implementation of capital projects required for production. This includes identifying and evaluating project opportunities; requesting authorization for projects; as well as designing, installing, and commissioning approved projects. Job Duties:
- Ensure stewardship of viable capital projects from inception to commission. This involves effective management of personnel and resources to balance schedules, budgets, and scope/quality of a project. The Plant Engineer will work closely with project engineers, site project coordinators, contractors, process engineers, and operations personnel. They will provide oversight of construction personnel during the course of the project by working in the field on a daily basis.
- Manage project budgets and resources. Written and verbal communication of project activities and key metrics shall be provided to managers and other stakeholders. They will participate in contractor safety and productivity improvements. They will proactively participate in safety, environmental, quality, and production processes in order to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Minimum of 10 years of production and/or construction experience
- Candidate should have experience managing capital projects over $1 MM in the agricultural, industrial, pharmaceutical, specialty chemical, renewable fuels or petrochemical sectors
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practice principles and Behavioral Based Safety programs
- General knowledge of software systems such as Maximo, CAD, and Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and Word)
- General knowledge of codes, relevant standards, and materials/metallurgy related to industrial equipment
- Knowledge of industrial chemical plant processes and related systems
- Must have excellent organization skills in order to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage personnel, budgets, schedules, and other resources
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal and detailed written are needed to be effective in this position
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401(k)/ESOP, pension, health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and a background check.
ADM is an EEO for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability. City
IL - Illinois Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.