For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in nearly 200 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com. Transportation Dispatcher (ADM Trucking) - Decatur, IL
This is an exempt level position.Position Summary
The Transportation Dispatcher will perform many administrative functions in their interaction with truck drivers, as well as internal and external customers. The work schedule for this position will be second or third shift and cover holidays and weekends. Job Responsibilities:
- Manage a high volume of incoming calls and respond appropriately to plants and customers
- Tracking goals
- Retrieve Driver/HOS information using the Dispatch System
- Communication with truck drivers, as well as internal and external customers
- Make decisions regarding coverage for breakdowns and delays
- Effectively manage customer add-ons
- Coordination of replacement driver for driver call offs
- Create and distribute the driver schedule daily
- Willingness to work additional hours to cover vacations, as well as flexibility to cross train for multiple positions
- Ideal candidate should possess strong people and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task
- Completion of some college level courses with a bachelor's degree preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills, customer service skills, as well as a motivated personality with a willingness to take initiative
- Proficient in the use of a computer with experience using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel preferred
- Flexibility to work additional hours is required to cover vacation time of a team members
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly; read, comprehend and communicate, orally and in writing in order to effectively communicate in person or by phone.
Position requires sitting for prolonged periods of time, heavy phone use; standing, bending, kneeling and operating a keyboard
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check. City
IL - Illinois Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.