Scientist - Alternative Protein Applications - Erlanger, KYADM Wild Flavors
Full time, exemptPosition Summary:
This position will be responsible for alternative protein product development and applications. The individual holding this position is expected to have a working knowledge of alternative protein ingredients, formula development, processing equipment, and ingredient trouble-shooting. This position will work closely and cross-functionally with Flavor, Food Science, Culinary and Commercialization teams.The areas of expertise need to include:
- Alternative Protein Ingredients
- Meat & Dairy Alternative Products
- Flavor Application
- Formulation: ability to develop new and optimized formulas to meet customer requirements
- Manufacturing Scale-up: bench to pilot plant and pilot plant to commercialization experience
- Accountable for developing formulas for alternative protein applications
- Accountable for scale-up of product prototypes
- Accountable for crafting and running experiments
- Responsible for leading complex and cross-functional projects
- Responsible for developing and managing relationships with customers
- Responsible for supporting Flexitarian growth strategy initiatives
Sense of urgency, acceptance of change, communication, technical knowledge, collaboration, flexibility, teamwork, problem solving, dependability, curiosity, integrity and a dedication to safety.
The successful candidate will have strong presentation skills, be proactive, agile and team oriented. Requirements:
Bachelor's of Science or higher (Food Science or related) with 5+ years product development experience.
Prior experience with alternative protein product development is required. Some knowledge of regulatory and labeling is preferred.
The position will require some travel to customers
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check. About ADM
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com. City
KY - Kentucky Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.