GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under general supervision of the Photography and Creative Arts Manager, plan, execute and process original photographs,audio and video recordings of medical, research, marketing and public relations subjects; create photographic prints through traditional and digital processes; storyboard, script, assemble and edit audio and video recordings; design and produce original reprographic materials; apply various photofinishing services, including mounting, laminating and framing; provide quality control checks on all services; maintain all photographic, reprographic, finishing, audio and video equipment; inventory coordination and cataloging of photographic, audio and video recordings; prepare and present reports to managers; assist with attracting new and retaining existing customers; assists with capital equipment expense requests.
Maintain inventory stock and supplies, evaluate opportunities for cost reduction. Maintenance of studio equipment and computers, review of service contracts.
Advise on process for managing, tracking and organizing all aspects of creative requests from start to finish.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the Photography Manager with a quality control program including review of all photography assignments, inspection of processing and photofinishing and development of improved procedures. Assists with the staff management including in-house training, seminar and workshop participation. May assume some of the responsibilities of the Photography Manager in their absence.
Provides photographic, video and audio recording in studio, plus on and off site locations. Documents subjects including patient care storytelling, surgery, medical research, marketing, public affairs, hospital product, architecture, portraits, development events, major donors, and identification photographs. Produces photographic imagery for publication in academic journals, teaching, international exhibitions, promotional presentations and advertising. Determines methods, equipment and processes to be used. Assists in developing procedures to ensure production of highest quality images.
Prints, duplicates, reduces and enlarges from traditional and digital media. Designs, edits and/or prints computer graphics, posters, montages, illustrations, animations and displays using industry standard applications, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office. Prepares, manages, distributes and preserves electronic files. Follows industry standards for color management, file formatting and naming. Applies photofinishing including lamination, mounting and framing.
Assists with the selection and maintenance of all departmental equipment, including camera, lighting, audio, processing, printing, digital imaging and photo finishing. Submits requests for additional/replacement/rental photographic and related supplies. Must be current in the rapid evolving of photography gear and software.
Records, converts, renames and applies keywords/metadata to digital assets for tracking and archiving. Assists in creating and maintaining guidelines for archiving, local and network storage of digital assets.
Responds to photographic technique and procedure questions from healthcare professionals and staff.
Informs staff of new or revised procedures.
Responsible of in-take of customer order and use of client database. Schedules appointments and performs customer service duties. Monitors and responds to individual and departmental phone lines and email accounts. Arranges for development of photographs with outside companies, maintains records of order status and reviews quality of finished work. Generates new client development and opportunities for the department.
Provide creative arts training and consultation to clients in individual and group settings. This training should empower clients to solve technical challenges and answer budgetary concerns.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong visual arts background with the ability to provide critique of work produced.
- Strong knowledge of advanced digital processes, scanning, terms, software and media
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong practical knowledge of professional digital cameras film cameras and lenses
- Strong practical knowledge of professional audio / video equipment, software, editing, and terminology.
- Strong practical knowledge of film processing and advanced photo finishing
- Strong knowledge of photographic/video lighting and exposure
- Strong practical knowledge of digital asset management systems, including keywording/metadata, file naming, file conversion, file storage and archiving
- Strong practical knowledge of large format printing processes including inkjet, solvent, cut vinyl. mounting and laminating as well as commercial printing services.
- Practical knowledge of custom picture framing applications
- Practical knowledge of engraving processes
- Practical knowledge of basic word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, page layout, illustration, and image editing software including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to provide a high level of prompt and courteous customer service
- Ability to multitask and work independently. Must be able to resolve technical difficulties in order to maintain production deadlines.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple calendars and email accounts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to apply departmental resources efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (authority to hire, promote, or terminate):
Direct and assist medical photographer staff when appropriate and in the absence of the of the department manager. Assist with ongoing staff development. In coordination with Photography manager, hire and develop staff.
Occasional overtime and weekend work is necessary. Exposure to a variety of sensitive medical and research information. General office, photographic studio, workstations, patient floor, operating room, research facility, conference room, parks and hotel.Qualifications :
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
Certificate: Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e. Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, InDesign & Acrobat)
EDUCATION: Minimum Required:
High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Certificate: Adobe Product Certification
Some college or Associate's Preferred:
High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Certificate: ACE Design Master Certification
Some college or Associate's Degree
Required: Five years experience in a field related to photography or videography, seven preferred.