The Environmental Services Team Lead functions as a working leader in the environmental area(s) assigned. Under the supervision of the Environmental Supervisor, this person schedules and oversees the work of the environmental staff within the hospital.Essential Responsibilities:
- Schedules and assigns duties for the shift ensuring work is performed according to quality standards. Trains new employees. Maintains quality activities in assigned areas. Monitors employees' adherence to the computerized dispatch procedures.
- Completes work from previous shift. Reports all incomplete assignments and maintenance issues. Performs the Seven Step Cleaning Procedure, daily cleaning, discharge cleaning, discharge bed making, O.R. cleaning, between case cleaning, upholstery, wall, and glass care. Performs the following floor and carpet care techniques that includes carpet bonneting and extracting, spray buffing, and burnish.
- Collects soiled linen and brings to designated area. Delivers linen to assigned areas; exchanges used linen cart with stocked cart. Returns used linen cart to designated area. Stocks and sorts linen as necessary. Adjusts linen par levels based on customer needs. Maintains distribution logs.
- Keeps cleaning products legibly and accurately labeled. Reports low supply of inventory to supervisor. Signs equipment in and out of designated storage areas. Keeps housekeeping cart clean, stocked and orderly. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Immediately performs stat orders such as discharges, spills, floods, and responds to all hospital wide emergency drills. Cleans up all organic body waste (i.e. blood, feces, sputum, and urine) as instructed by the supervisor. Cleans patient equipment including IV poles, commodes, monitors and cables. Assists in manpower support for moves and special set-ups.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Three to five years experience, including six months in hospital O.R. cleaning and six months in project work such as carpet care.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Lead experience.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.Req ID
Environmental Svcs Team LeadState / Province
40 hoursDepartment Description
Department description: The Environmental Services Team helps BIDMC and our patients by providing a clean environment for our patients to heal. Hospital Environmental Services is about more than just cleanliness, we save lives! Our Environmental Services Team is focused on the top challenges that we face: • Ensuring consistently high levels of cleanliness • Raising patient and staff satisfaction • Employing environmentally conscious cleaning practices • Preventing hospital-acquired infections. Our goal is to create an inviting and professional environment, consistently exceeding regulatory standards and patient/staff expectations through our responsive EVS team and our highly efficient processesZip Code
Full Time Job Category
Environmental/Transport Srvs Organization
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department
Environmental ServicesHours Per Week (for Per Diem enter 1)
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Posting ID: 554844283Posted: 2020-05-27