GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT
Under general supervision and following established procedures, performs a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of assigned areas. Including but not inclusive of the following areas: Offices, laboratories, public areas, outpatient areas and support areas. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Occasionally helps to train new employees to perform assigned tasks.
- Selects materials, supplies, and equipment from designated areas. Loads supplies onto cart and transports work cart to assigned areas.
- Sweeps, dust mops and wet-mops hard and resilient floors of assigned areas according to procedures. May use autoscrubber or other types of powered equipment to clean or polish floors.
- Dry dusts, damp dusts and washes horizontal and vertical surfaces, such as walls, doors, partitions, as well as ledges, pipes, corners, and other hard-to-reach surfaces using step stools or ladders as necessary.
- Dusts, washes and polishes moveable and fixed furniture and equipment items such as tables, desks, file cabinets and waste receptacles as required.
- Cleans and polishes mirrors, stainless steel, brass, and other decorative materials as necessary. Removes graffiti.
- Vacuums, spot cleans carpeted floors and weather mats.
- Moves and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning.
- Sanitizes and disinfects sinks, toilets, showers, bathtubs and other restroom fixtures and accessories. Refills dispensers as required.
- Strips, cleans and remakes beds/stretchers upon patient discharge / transfer according to departmental procedures.
- Disposes of waste and linen, including contaminated and/or pathological and chemotherapy waste according to procedures. Relines receptacles with clean bags. Transports trash and linen to designated areas. Removes full needle boxes and replaces with empty ones.
- Reports facility repair needs to the immediate supervisor.
- Returns unused supplies to designated areas and cleans and performs simple maintenance on manual and/or powered equipment.
- Empties and transports recycle containers. Processes recycled paper according to HIPAA regulations.
Qualifications :SKILLS/ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Assists in disaster response drills.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Understand oral instructions and follow printed label instructions in English.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, materials, supply and chemical usage, and the operation of manual and power equipment.
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, bend, crouch, lift, reach and stretch throughout the work day.
- Push, pull, and move items weighing up to 75 pounds, occasionally lifting items weighing approximately 30 pounds.
- Interpersonal skills to exchange information courteously with patients, visitors, or office staff.
- Occasional exposure to one or more hazardous conditions, such as low level radiation, infectious diseases, needle punctures, mildly toxic chemicals (acids and strong alkylines), biohazardous materials, odors, etc.
- Intermittent exposure to extremely unpleasant cleaning tasks.
Posting ID: 554844410Posted: 2020-05-27