- Position Summary
- Working closely with the Central SupplyDirector and Clinical Educators, theSterile ProcessingSupervisor managesSterile Supply Technicians in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. This position is responsible for planning day to day needs as well as mentoring and developing technical skills of the Sterile Processing team. There are opportunities for growth andadvancement within the department.The Supervisor collaborates closely with Environmental Services, Operating Room, Materials Management and other hospital departments to meet the needs of the Central Supply Department. Both evening and night shifts are available.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School education preferred. Associate Degree preferred. Prior supervisory experience on a progressive level of 2 - 5yrs. required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary for effective leadership of assigned personnel and in order to collaborate with a variety of personnel throughout the hospital to meet the needs of the department.
- Knowledge of CSD Technician, Dispatcher, and Patient Service Support Technician roles and/or prior experience in an CSD setting preferred.
- Highly independent functioning with the analytical ability to prepare work schedules, prioritize work assignments, maintain a variety of records and assist in the development of department policies, procedures, budgets.
- High level of problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to utilize department and hospital wide computer software programs.
- Requires completion of CSD Technician Certification within one year.
- Must be able to rotate off shifts for supervision of off shift staff at intervals.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844744Posted: 2020-06-24