SummaryFor a limited time this position is eligible for up to $2500 sign on bonus!Eligible candidates will have greater than 2 years (24 months) of CNA work experience. *Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.*
Bean 5 is a newly designated Med Surg unit at Maine Medical Center. Leadership for this department is looking to put together a dynamic team ofClinical Nursing Assistantsto grow together, as well as individually. CNAs in this role take an active part in cultivating patients' restoration to health. This unit is welcoming not only experienced CNAs, but alsonewly certified Nursing Assistants to advance their knowledge and develop their skillset.
- During this time CNA II hires (1+ plus year(s) of experience) are eligible for Featured level Employee Referral bonus ($1000 for full time hires, prorated for part time/per diem). CNA I hires (less than 1 year of experience) will be eligible for standard level Employee Referral bonus: $500 for full time hires, prorated for part time/per diem.
- Position Summary
- Under supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse and according to established policies and procedures, performs various service duties and routine technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and daily living activities. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider's orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
- Participates in ongoing education relative to role as defined.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844770Posted: 2020-07-14