- Position Summary (Monday - Friday Schedule)
- Under close supervision of the Nutrition Services Manager or Supervisors and according to defined procedures and established schedules, performs a variety of duties normally executed in serving customers, preparing food, transporting and emptying trash receptacles, cleaning the kitchen, servery and seating areas, assisting receivers, storing stock, cashiering, checking and recording hot and cold temperatures, and washing dishes.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to read catering menus, write and follow instructions as needed.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic as required by some duties.
- Ability to meet deadlines and concentrate on work.
- Ability to perform safe food handling, prep and sanitation techniques.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and courteously with a diverse group of departmental and interdepartmental employees, patients, visitors and customers as needed.
- Basic computer and computerized cash register skills as required by some duties.
- Ability to handle cash, make changes and count money as required by some duties.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844783Posted: 2020-06-24