- Position Summary
- If you currently work in social services or education and feel ready for a shift in career direction, and
are interested in what other people do for work. If people have told you that you are creative and supportive...
The role of Employment Specialist could be a perfect fit for you!
The Department of Vocational Services at Maine Medical Center seeks Employment Specialists of all educational backgrounds to work as part of its new initiative with the Maine Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS), providing community employment services to individuals referred by BRS in Cumberland and York counties. Join our dedicated team of committed and caring staff while enjoying the benefits of working for MaineHealth.
Employment Specialists help people with disabilities to find employment. In doing so, Employment Specialists provide counseling, conduct research, support problem-solving, and facilitate change. They learn about the individuals they serve, focusing on strengths and abilities, and also learn about employer needs to make the best match for both. Employment Specialists help the individuals they serve to identify a desired career pathway and support them to achieve those goals; providing them with information and resources to empower their decision making and self-advocacy. Employment Specialists work as part of a team for the individual served, often bringing together stakeholders to achieve the best outcome; they also work together and support each other to make the program the best it can be.
Services will be provided to youth and adults of diverse ability/disability. Current ES Certification (CRC, ACRE) is preferred but can be achieved in the first six months of employment. Preference will be given to an individual with the ability to pass the ASLA with a 3 or greater or ASLPI with a 2+ or greater.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Requires a professional level of knowledge in vocational counseling with individuals with disabilities, including youth and people with developmental disabilities and/or psychiatric disabilities. Must be able to evaluate employment capabilities of program participants at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in social services or related fields.
- Requires six to twelve months of progressive experience working with persons with disabilities necessary to learn community resources relating to the potential employment of persons with disabilities and to determine potential employers for such persons.
- Requires analytical ability necessary to determine community resources available to assist in training and placement of persons with disabilities for work in the private and public sectors.
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary to persuade various employers to participate in training and employment programs for persons with disabilities. Must coordinate needs of individual employers with available community resources.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844785Posted: 2020-07-14