Provides pre-procedure patient assessment and post procedure recovery for adult and pediatric patients having Radiologic procedures done with anesthesia or sedation or those requiring pre or post procedure nursing observation; provides nursing care/monitoring to patients during angiographic and interventional procedures and other procedures as needed. Interventional procedures are provided by a small team of 8 nurses who work in the IR procedural area and care for critical care pts. These nurses cover call for all neuro and vascular emergencies. The other group of nurses in the radiology care unit cover emergency call in MRI and CT after hours.
• 6:30 am - 8 pm Monday - Friday
• On call during all other hours Position Summary
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, principles, and processes of professional nursing practice.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN program within 1 year of hire with completion attained within five years of hire.
- Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I (Minimum of 1 year RN experience).Prior Critical Care experiencenecessary.
- Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844807Posted: 2020-06-03