R4/IMC/AVU is a high paced 34-bed medical intermediate care unit within Maine Medical Center. Patient population is vast and includes specialties of acute on chronic states, respiratory failure, complex vascular, general surgical and neuroscience conditions, sepsis and multisystem organ failure. Constant assessment, coordination and interventions are essential. Within our Assisted Ventilation Unit (AVU) patients may require mechanical ventilation in chronic or weaning states; vasoactive medications and frequent assessments and interventions are required.
R4's clinical nursing team includes bright, innovative professionals looking to hold themselves and others to the highest nursing and care standards. Our nurses, patient care technicians, and CNAs exemplify analytic ability to identify patient needs, risks, and interventions. We provide excellent customer service to patients and families at their current health states and learning abilities. As a team, we continually demonstrate exceptional communication abilities, always effectively interacting and problem solving with other healthcare professionals, hospital administration, patients and families.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire, attaining completion within five years of hire.
- Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
- Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.