- Position Summary
- The IS Security Engineer role is the second level of a three level career path. Under general supervision, the IT Security Engineer is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of information security systems and processes. This work could also include: conducting, or working with others to conduct, risk based technical security and compliance audits or assessments. This position requires a tactical focus, with both technical and compliance specific knowledge, including knowledge in several of the following technical corridors; network, platform, and/or application security technologies. This role must possess a working knowledge of HIPAA privacy laws, Security/Privacy standards, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery concepts, NIST based security and risk management standards, and industry best practice security standards. Other activities include maintaining and ensuring compliance with security policies, procedures and standards related to the performance of technical activities in support of the security program service levels.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Associates degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years IT experience in complex environments and a working knowledge of computer networking and platforms, including (but not limited to) network operating systems; firewalls; intrusion detection/prevention systems; wireless security including wireless intrusion prevention systems; web proxies; vulnerability scanning technologies; VPN's; Windows and Unix-based platforms; identity management; IT incident response; and network architecture.
- Professional certification in either technical security or within a relevant networking or platform technology
- Knowledge of application security concepts from a secure coding, secure design, and ongoing change management and monitoring perspective.
- A high level of demonstrated organizational skill supporting business and process analysis and process implementation in moderately complex environments.
- Strong prioritization skills and able to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Facilitation skills.
- Active problem solver, working across multiple IS and business teams for solutions.
- Strong business knowledge / acumen.
- Ability to partner with others to overcome obstacles.
- Articulate appropriately both in written and oral form, and collaborate with multiple teams regarding security and privacy obligations and duties.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844837Posted: 2020-06-03