- Position Summary
- Are you patient, caring, and flexible? We want you to join our team!
The Department of Vocational Services at Maine Medical Center seeks Employment Specialists of all educational backgrounds to work as part of its new initiative with the Maine Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS), providing community employment services to individuals referred by BRS in Cumberland and York counties. Join our dedicated team of committed and caring staff while enjoying the benefits of working for MaineHealth.
The Employment Specialist II provides on-the-job coaching to individuals with disabilities to help individuals learn and perform their work duties with the goal of achieving maximum independence. Employment Specialists II utilize leadership, communication, and analytical skills in their role as a liaison to employees, employers, and supervising Employment Specialists. Training and case specific instruction is provided. This part time schedule is flexible and ideal for students studying social, education, and human service careers, stay-at-home parents, and retirees.
The Employment Specialist II will provide services for youth and adults of diverse ability/disability in Cumberland County.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Requires general education development necessary to provide supervision and training to people with disabilities at a levelnormally acquired through completion of two years of college. Completion of the Maine Employment Curriculum preferred.
- Six months of previous job coaching experience and/or experience working with people with disabilities in a related fieldpreferred.
- Requires analytical ability necessary to provide training and guidance to people with disabilitiesand evaluate performance.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844842Posted: 2020-05-27