- Position Summary
- This IS Architect role is accountable for providing consultative work involving the design of processes, applications, technology, and data architectures that establish the direction for our portfolios. The IS Architect ensures alignment of that portfolio with business strategies and industry direction. The incumbent uses disciplined analysis and design methods to understand current state, and to envision a future state that optimizes business performance and patient care. The IS Architect works with various governance committees, MaineHealth management, and project teams to ensure requirements are reflected in the architecture. Quality of work must be exceptionally high and decision making judgment exceptionally strong, as errors could have a negative impact on patient safety, revenue, or clinical decision making. Work is complex, analytical, and strategic in nature, performed independently and is reviewed by the director.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- In-depth understanding of clinical & business processes, systems, technologies and data in a Healthcare environment.
- Understands Architecture, Analysis and Design principles and methods, and can apply them to solving complex problems and opportunities.
- Demonstration of exceptional ability to research, analyze and thoroughly understand workflows of customers, using this knowledge to architect solutions which improve processes, add efficiencies and promote patient safety.
- Superior knowledge of computer systems and methods utilized for data input, storage, and data flows to translate workflow information into specifications which meet the needs of the organization.
- Leadership in communicating positively with customers and the ability to effectively facilitate group discussions.
- Understands the healthcare organization's business strategies and rationale behind them.
- Maintains external knowledge of Healthcare industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to facilitate and document Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) efforts
- Self directed in identifying changing demands and priorities. Acts as a change agent in adjusting to new procedures and technology.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844854Posted: 2020-05-27