SummaryMaine Medical Center
is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital
and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities
and quality of life in Portland. This is an 8 hour position, done either over the course of 1 or 2 days.Position Summary
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Under general supervision, works independently to direct and coordinate nutritional care to patients in Outpatient Psychiatry. Responsible for performing nutritional assessments, developing and implementing care plans, education of patients, staff communication with physicians and health team members. Serves as a facilitator for all nutrition related patient care needs in the outpatient psychiatry service. Work is performed at a high degree of independence.
- Education: Must possess knowledge of nutrition principles and diet therapy generally acquired through successful completion of Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or closely related field to be eligible to be a registered licensed Dietitian.
- License/Certifications: Must be a Registered Dietitian and hold a Maine State Dietitian License.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of clinical nutrition experience preferred.
- Analytical abilities sufficient to assess patients' medical and nutritional statuses, formulate care plans and evaluate patients' responses and progress.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively with patients, families, medical staff and employees in explaining and providing nutrition support and counseling.
- Work requires ability to concentrate and be attentive to detail when assessing and calculating patients' nutritional needs, developing care plans, educating patients in therapeutic diets and providing ongoing evaluation of nutrition support.
As part of MaineHealth, Maine's largest employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program, Paid Parental Leave, and discounted home and auto insurance. You'll also enjoy the employee discounts you'll receive with our 'Perks Card' and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.