Summary$2000 sign-on Bonus!
Current employees and former employees that have been employed within the past 3 months are not eligible for sign-on bonus.As part of our Commuter Choice Program we offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our program is designed to support employee transportation needs, reduce traffic congestion, and improve air quality in the great Portland region!
- Position Summary
- The environmental service technician ("housekeeper") performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain rooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas. He or she will work closely with departmental leaders and teammates to ensure high standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area. The environmental service technician ("housekeeper") will demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service, and all interactions with staff, patients or residents and visitors will be carried out with due regard for respect and confidentiality. Work for this role can take place in a variety of difficult and demanding settings, which may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- The ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service 100% of the time.
- The ability to learn and perform the skills required in an occupied healthcare environment.
- Ability to learn and perform cleaning tasks involving multiple steps and a variety of cleaning tools, equipment and chemicals.
- Required to wear uniform and/or personal protective equipment and to work with cleaning chemicals including disinfectants and bleach.
- Ability to work independently without constant direct supervision.
- The ability to read, communicate in English, and basic use of a computer are required.
- Flexibility in work assignments and requirement to work on weekends and holidays.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844971Posted: 2020-06-24