- Position Summary
- The Care Manager works collaboratively with interdisciplinary and healthcare team members, both internal and external to the organization to facilitate patient care through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources and assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical and financial outcomes. The Care Manager coordinates care and services through the acute care episode and across the continuum.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of approved accredited nursing program required.Bachelors in Nursing requested.
- License/Certifications: Licensed as a RN in the State of Maine. Certification in Case Management preferred.
- Experience: Broad clinical training and work experience sufficient to provide background in clinical management, continuing care and transitions of care.
- Familiarity with health care insurances and regulations desirable.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and can identify each patient's age specific needs.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554844992Posted: 2020-06-24