- Position Summary
- This position provides a supportive customer focused introduction to Maine Medical Center. Work includes continuous professional interaction with customers while providing full clinical support. Work performed requires decision making, prioritizing, resource allocation and communication skills. The NUS is an essential member of the Maine Medical Center healthcare team that directs the flow of the unit in conjunction with lead positions to support a safe patient and family centered care environment.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Customer Service Classes. Medical Terminology /NUS Course (grandfathered).
- License/Certifications: Medical Terminology /NUS Course (grandfathered).
- Experience: 1 year of secretarial experience. Requires experience with interpersonal skills and judgment necessary to gather and exchange information with a variety of internal and external customers in order to respond to patients, visitors and staff in a professional manner while possessing a positive attitude, high energy level, and the ability to respond and act quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures, current initiatives and organizational structure of the unit, Department of Nursing and Maine Medical Center.
- Accountability, accuracy, time management, independent thinking. Discretion, judgment and a working knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Ability to remain impartial while facilitating initial issues, complaints and problems in a high level stress environment.
- Basic working knowledge of all standard office equipment and including operations and multiple computer system applications.
- Including but not limited to phone skills, filing, patient chart maintanence, supply ordering, PC skills and applications and systems, data collection, and varieties of patient charging.
- Ability to perform role in high stress, high volume producing environment with multiple stimuli.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 554845075Posted: 2020-06-24