At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Servicesand for the people who work here.
NTT DATAServices currently seeks aDatabase Administration/Support Specialist (Level 3)to join our team in Albany, New York (US-NY), United States (US). Daily activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for database management and support.
- Maintenance, enhancement, designing of databases, physical database models, and performance tuning Performing short and long-range planning needs for databases, focusing on performance and sizing characteristics to determine upcoming storage, CPU memory, and network needs.
- Perform regular database backups and restores if required.
- Work with the team to evaluate whether proposed database components meet non-functional requirements.
- Provide technical and architectural DBA support for the IES Program utilizing ITIL-compliant methodologies for the development and delivery of IES Platforms services and solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation for all major installations and implementations.
- Explore, actively support and work on new technology initiatives that may be of interest to the organization.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting any technical issues that the program may have.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.About NTT DATA Services
- More than seven years of experience working on compel projects with two or more years in a leadership role as a Specialist.
- More than (7) years of experience in administering and supporting Databases. Experience must include working with the installation of database software, applying Patch Set Updates, and working with disk storage.
- 24 months experience in the installation, administration, and supporting Oracle Databases version 12c or later.
- Experience must include working with the installation of 12c or later Oracle software and applying Patch Set Updates.
- Five or more years of experience in Oracle database administration. Experience must include working with the installation of oracle database software, applying patches and working with ASM disk storage.
- Experience in implementing replication, backup and recovery strategies, performance tuning.
- Experience in enforcing standards for database security and configuration for all production databases and for non-production databases that may contain PHI or other sensitive data protected under HIPAA, Sarbanes Oxley, or other state or federal regulatory requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database administration desirable.
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result. Nearest Major Market:
Albany Job Segment:
Administrative Assistant, System Administrator, Database, Consulting, Oracle, Administrative, Technology