PURPOSE OF POSITION
Stanley Black & Decker is seeking a Automation Engineer to lead automation system design and implementation at Stanley Black & Decker's manufacturing plant near Dallas, TX. Since 1843, Stanley Black and Decker has been committed to innovation and social responsibility, while becoming a leader in multiple industries. Stanley Black & Decker is creating a new state of the art facility for mechanics hand tools to support its Made in USA vision. The new factory will utilize automated transport of items between and within processes.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide technical support to all departments for the safety requirements, installation, operation, training and maintenance of all automation/robotic cells.
- Programming of industrial and collaborative robots.
- Work with VS teams on Manufacturing cell Design and assembly methods.
- Participate in NPD, providing expertise and support for the DFA process.
- Participate in all new program launch activities including, assisting in the identification, installation and commissioning of the needed capital assets to support production requirements.
- Provide support and guidance to Ops team on level of automation required manufacturing and assembly.
- Design EOA tooling, assembly nests, part feeding including magazine feeding and bowl feeders.
- Coordinate training activities for appropriate personnel regarding the design intent, operation, and maintenance of automation and/or robotic system equipment. This responsibility is geared towards a "train the trainer" approach with the goal of delivering first-class customer-service.
- Provide engineering support to the Manager of Operations with respect to automated and robotic systems.
- Participate fully in continuous improvement team activities as directed by the Manager of Operations to ensure CI goals are met.
- Coordinate new projects and/or engineering modifications as assigned. Ensure all work is in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Assume project management responsibilities for any project assigned by the Manager of Operations and ensure that all timelines are met.
- Assist as required in writing bid specifications for potential vendors for specific projects and create bid comparison matrices for the purposes of vendor selection.
- Provide regular progress reports on the timeline schedules for all projects.
- Continuously review and consider new technologies as they might apply to Stanley Black & Decker. Make recommendations to the Manager of Operations for considering introduction of new technologies to the plant floor and be able to demonstrate the feasibility and justification for such technologies.
- Provide automation and robotics support as required as it applies to all aspects of current and any future production systems.
- Perform labor efficiency analysis and develop ideas and solutions to improve labor efficiency
- Perform other duties as directed.
Degree in a related field of study required. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.Required experience and skills include:
Understanding of Ladder logic and machine robot interfaces.Travel Requirements:
Work Experience Required:
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit existing suppliers, research new projects, and commission projects.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Must have 2 years minimum experience in programming Fanuc, Sepro, Motoman and/or other robot systems.
- Must be able to develop path programming from scratch, along with programming all sub-system interfaces (light curtains, safety circuits, other process equipment, SPI interfaces, etc...)
- Must have two year's minimum experience in programming PLC's.
- Two years minimum experience in creating drawings in AutoCAD 2006 or newer preferred
Additional traits and competencies that define the successful candidate are
- Must be experienced in CAD
- Must exhibit strong PC skills.
- Must have strong engineering project management experience.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of electrical and mechanical equipment and operational principles of mechanical components and systems.
Stanley Black and Decker Values Aligned with Purpose:Courage & Innovation We're Bold to Break the Mold
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills required
Agility & PerformanceWe Cut Through Challenges
- Bravely innovate without boundaries
- Generate and embrace new ideas
- Drive cutting-edge digital solutions
- Foster creativity for exponential growth
- grams, processes and policies.Seconday)EA)fshore)
Inclusivity & Collaboration We Join Forces For Sustainability
- Simplify to accelerate business results
- Anticipate, adapt and lead changes
- Focus on the right things and take action
- Perform in ways that exceed expectations
Integrity & AccountabilityWe Are Reliable to the Core
- Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity
- Make decisions with an inclusive, global view
- Collaborate to amplify customer value
- Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes
- Operate with the highest ethical standards
- Be who you are, build trusted relationships
- Act with transparency and positive intent
- Live up to commitments and own the results
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers
Posting ID: 554845444Posted: 2020-06-24