Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Software Developer to join our team in Hanover, MD. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing system and subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, and subsystem and system integration and tests for a system.
- Participating in software requirement review, preliminary and critical design, integration readiness review, and software acceptance review.
- Researching the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues.
- Interacting with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
- Providing technical guidance to lower level software engineers.
- Designing ideas for new capabilities or recommendations for improvements to existing capabilities.
- Demonstrating expert knowledge of multiple programming languages such as Java, Python, or PERL.
- Demonstrating knowledge of multiple software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, Waterfall).
- Demonstrating expert level knowledge of security concepts, networks, device drivers, & system internals are applied in daily tasks.
- Demonstrating expert knowledge in at least one technology area (e.g. Windows, Unix, Mobile, Network devices).
- Communicating status with leadership and customers.
- Contributing to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Providing solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Determining computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming.
- Ensuring software standards are met.
- Leading the design, development, documenting, testing and debugging of applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Leading a project developing hardware or software based CNO capabilities providing direction to other CNO developers.
- Planning and conducting assignments, generally involving the larger and more important projects or more than one project.
- 6 years of programming required
- At least 1 year experience with Python 2.7 or above.
- Experience with build environments such as Gradle and Maven
- Developing software to suit customer requirements
- Debugging software and troubleshooting
- Software design and architecture
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Familiarity with Version Control
- Knowledge of SQL, preferably Oracle
- Knowledge of agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of XML and XSLT
- Bachelor's Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, or 8 years of related experience in lieu of the degree
Clearance Required:Physical Requirements:
- Subversion/GIT experience
- Experience using VMWare (preferably ESX)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations
- Working with Data
- Repetitive Motions
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Posting ID: 554846511Posted: 2020-06-03