Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is looking for a motivated, team-oriented, Cyber Security Systems Engineer for a small IT team. The Cyber Security Systems Engineer will gather requirements, design, implement, and provide Tier 3 support for Information Assurance stakeholders and help desk personnel. There is an existing VMware private cloud system consisting of Microsoft based client-server systems, and various Windows and Linux supporting servers. The program is growing and there will be numerous career growth and training opportunities available. Responsibilities include:
- Engineer, document, deliver, and maintain the security solutions to meet DISA STIG, and/or NISST 800-53 requirements
- Responsible for investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Develop Windows, Syslog, and database log management processes, filtering policies, and restricted log archive access
- Enhance the value of existing IA tools for both IT and IA stakeholders
- Diagnosing and resolving the complex performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed below
- Work closely with the Information Systems Security manager and Information System Security Officer to maintain and adapt to system security policies
- Providing IT Systems Engineering support on the direction of all technology, including: Windows Server 2012/2016, VMware vSphere 6.5, Splunk, RHEL, SQL 2016, Ivanti Device Control, and ACAS
- 10 years experience supporting secure LAN/WAN information systems
- 3 years experience in cyber security engineering role
- DoD 8570 qualified; minimum IAT Level 2 required
- DoD 8570 Computing Environment Microsoft, VMware, or Splunk certification required
- Applying DISA STIGs to Windows and Linux servers
- Desired Splunk experience
- Desired MCSE or equivalent
- Desired NIST 800 series experience is a plus
- Must be open to up to 10% annual travel
- US Citizenship and active TS clearance, investigation within 6 years.
Security clearance requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
- Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy
- US Citizenship and Top Secret clearance required.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Posting ID: 554846655Posted: 2020-05-27