7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager Data Engineer
The HR Tech team is looking for an engineering senior manager to join the team in McLean, Richmond, or Plano. In this role, you will influence decision makers with your own technological ideas and innovations. You will be at the forefront of cloud adoption and emerging technologies. Capital One's HR Tech develops the best-in-class strategy and solutions for key internal business domains, provides key capabilities for critical cross-organization programs, and proves out emerging technologies and Data Management best practices.
- Demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined software and data engineering leadership.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - continuously improving software engineering practices.
- Lead Agile teams to design/implement cutting-edge technologies, and support technical solutions across a full-stack cloud technologies with operational disciplines.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and encourage innovation.
- Engage in internal & external technology communities, and mentor members of the engineering community.
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance technology solutions that enables state of the art, next generation Big Data applications.
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product focused software and data engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team
- Drive long-term strategy for the HR Data Warehouse Platform
- Manage the development pipeline of distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Scala and Kafka on AWS Cloud
- Utilizing programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Redshift
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform, Ruby, Git and Docker
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, and compliance.
- Ensure quality testing and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Enable and promote custom solutions with a "You Build, You Own" philosophy.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of experience in software development
- At least 5 years of experience in data warehousing or analytics
- At least 1 year of experience with data engineering
- At least 1 year of experience with data modeling
- At least 1 year of experience deploying, monitoring and maintaining a Cloud-based application
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 5 years of experience building software including systems and application design, code development and testing.
- 3 years of experience with UNIX/Linux environments
- 1 year of experience in Python, Scala, or R for data analysis
- 1 year of experience with the Hadoop Stack
- 1 year of experience working on streaming data applications (Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis, and Flink)
- 1 year of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure or another public cloud
- 1 year of experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Pig, Hive and Hbase)
- 1 year of experience with MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).