Good Samaritan Society Eugene Village Address:
3500 Hilyard St, Eugene, OR 97405-3867 USA Employment Type:
DayJob SummaryDon't miss out on this great nursing leadership opportunity! Apply now!!!
At the Good Samaritan Society-Eugene Village in Oregon (OR) we are committed to creating a home for our residents that is much like their own - a welcoming and loving place. We are honored to provide exceptional care and services to seniors and others in need in our community. As a 53-bed skilled facility we offer a variety of services from Rehab/Skilled Care to Post Acute Rehabilitation services.
Are you a Director of Nursing or have aspirations to be one? Join us today and lead our caring nursing team!
- Flexibility and autonomy to lead and grow the nursing team
- Supportive leaders who promote and value education and learning new skills
- Established, caring and resident-centered staff
- Annual wage increases
- Relocation assistance available.
- Excellent health benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, 401(k), company discounts, + more
- Easy apply process that is mobile-friendly! Virtual interviews available!
- Eugene is diverse, friendly and consistently ranked one of the best places to live in America. As Oregon's second-largest city, Eugene is known for its arts and culture scene and year-round outdoor recreation activities (including cycling, hiking and climbing) surrounded by scenic views.
- This position provides care and services in a safe and efficient manner, and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards, procedures and individualized resident care plans.
- Demonstrates/encourages opportunities for carrying out mission.
- Formulates and works within annual budget; recruits, hires, and staffs work area at appropriate levels by utilizing scheduling system accurately.
- Acquire resources and means that promote a quality work environment; ensures quality performance and conformance with regulation and laws.
- Participates in state and/or federal nursing home survey process; writes any resultant plan of correction (POC) and ensures it is carried out.
- Participates in the QA/CQI process.
- Responsible to lead the management and monitoring/auditing of the EMR in the location; to include training, documentation, reports/dashboards and retrieval management and monitoring/auditing.
- Keeps abreast of and implements new programs or practices.
- Accepts accountability for activities under direct control; plans and organizes work with and for department.
- Exercises sound judgment and decision-making.
- Promotes cooperative working relationships within and between departments.
- Performs/ assigns completion of pre-admission assessment on a timely basis; assures a comprehensive nursing assessment of all residents is completed and interventions for plan of care are formulated to address needs on admission and on an ongoing basis according to state and federal regulations, location procedures or other guidelines.
- Assures plan of care and interventions are evaluated for effectiveness on an ongoing basis and adjusted and updated accordingly.
- Assures restraints or seclusion use conforms to Society policy.
- Assures residents are offered choices in their care and other decisions.
- Assures residents are free of neglect or abuse. Immediately reports any concerns related to resident rights and resident abuse or neglect in accordance with Society policy and procedure.
- Allows residents access to their records upon request.
- Assures physicians are notified of change in condition / request and orders are processed on a timely basis.
- Maintains thorough and accurate records for each resident.
- Ensures staff is appropriately trained and adequately utilizing the scheduling system.
- Participates in location care conferences, special events and task forces.
- Explains procedures to residents before and during interactions; interacts with residents and maintains resident-centered conversations when residents are present.
- Reports / assures appropriate action on any physical or emotional problems/concerns from observation or residents' report (onset of shortness of breath, increased agitation, new behaviors, pain, etc.). Assures families are notified of resident condition changes, etc.
- Ensures adherence to antibiotic stewardship plan.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visithttps//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Prior work experience may not be required to be hired into this job.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Registered nurse licensure for state of practice is required.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend.
- Knowledge of basic nursing skills; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
NURSING SERVICES Req ID:
Posting ID: 554846913Posted: 2020-06-03