Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at http://about.skechers.com.
Job Description Job Purpose
The Senior 4GL Developer role for the Information Technology group will fill a position that owns and drives overall technology solution research and design (incl application architecture), consistent with the IT Strategic Plan(s) for Skechers for all Informix 4GL Systems
This role is responsible for all aspects of gathering business requirements, performing request analysis, and developing systems specifications for IT projects and business demands for IT services. The successful candidate will ensure all work products are consistent with Skechers IT standards and processes. Essential Job Results
This position is responsible for the solution design and simplification for one or more application areas. He/she will be responsible for researching, designing, building and maintaining the IT architecture view of their designated application area(s) within the Informix 4GL environment.
The role of 4GL Developer will work with Project Managers, Business Relationship Managers and the business customers in rationalizing complex processes, bridging gaps between business problems and technology solutions. This role would broadly include:
- Analyzing a business or IT request, then researching and identifying the best technology solution among all possible to solve the existing business or IT challenges.
- Building out a roadmap for the Informix landscape for Skechers based on current and future business priorities
- Defining features, phases, and solution requirements that can be successfully implemented.
- Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Leveraging best practices in solution research and development methodology, business problem analysis, and realistic methods to bring ideas to life while partnering with the entire Information Technology team.
- Leading the transformation of business needs into information technology system requirements.
- Developing potential designs and solutions, addressing the high value and/or risk mitigation for the business, ensuring quality deliverables, communications and reporting.
- Work to simplify the existing environment and identify potential areas for optimization and automation.
- Developing and/or reviewing cost and time estimates and estimating assumptions for the project's schedule, effort, ROI models, and costing using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience
- The successful candidate will be detailed oriented, self-motivated and a self-starter, with a can-do personality, a proven relationship builder, and a collaborator. These personal characteristics are for this role and will significantly set up the candidate for success.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesJob Requirements
- Work with Project Managers and Business Relationship Managers to identify and qualify business development opportunities leading to Solution Roadmap(s) for specific business technology transformations
- Translate changes in business direction that can have impact on Roadmaps and IT initiatives into actionable IT activities and/or projects
- Lead design of Solution Roadmap (design and decisions) in designated/focused area(s).
- Work with the business application team to understand the strategy and related objectives to guide Technology/Application Solution Design and Decisions
- Subject matter expert on solutions in the designated area; possesses the knowledge and clear understanding of technology options, business processes interfaces to other solutions and functional areas.
- Designs standardized and integrated solutions to allow for easy support
- Drives lifecycle of solutions to ensure they follow the solutions roadmap
- SME on solution-related projects in the designated area
- Heavily involved in Discovery and Design phases of projects
- Ensures changes are within standards and documented appropriately
- Drives solution development according to architectural standard and within the scope
- Explores alternative approaches and solutions to gain support and acceptance by the team
- Works with Infrastructure and Security team to ensure technical solutions meet company standards Architecture Governance and Oversight
- Participates with extended Architecture Review Board (ARB) to review all system/application changes to ensure designs are within standards and alignedstrategically.
- Maintains documentation of solutions in designated/assigned area(s).
- Provide support to team members as needed to ensure completion of activities in a timely manner
- Logically breaks down requests and/or problems into essential elements; carries out diagnosis and develops breakthrough concepts that can be turned into a realistic business and IT solutions
- Lead assigned resources to support business project needs Skillset(s)
Education & Experience
- Retail systems or business experience
- Expert knowledge and experience with IT system implementations
- Must be equally comfortable acting as a strategic thinker as well as a tactical player
- Background in organizational/architecture transformation a must
- Ideally, he/she would possess a naturally curious and creative personality
- Systems thinking - ability to see how parts interact with big picture
- Business communication skills - both verbal and written
- Knowledge of software or hardware design, selection and deployment techniques and methodologies
- Possesses awareness and understanding of application of architecture design methodologies and frameworks
- Knowledge and ability to apply principles of application and infrastructure architectures, including the distinction between contextual,conceptual, logical and physical layers
• Bachelor's degree (preferred focus on Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Finance)
• 10+ years' experience with Informix 4GL / Genero
• 10+ years of business process experience
• 5+ years technical or engineering experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for thejobposition, to perform the essential functions.
Additional Information PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.