About the company
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES SAFETY EXPERIENCE WITHIN A WAREHOUSE ENVIRONMENT
Performance Team continues to grow! In anticipation of the expanded needs of our Safety team, we are expecting to open a role for a Safety Manager and are beginning the recruiting process NOW!Summary:
This position requires someone who can work in a high paced shipping and receiving warehouse environment with the ability to promote a safe and profitable business strategy. Responsibilities include but are not limited to conducting and maintaining training documents, managing a powered industrial truck program, incident and injury investigations, safety inspections and daily safety walks.Requirements:
- Ability to observe and identify unsafe and at risk acts, conditions and behaviors.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly safety checks and reports.
- Design and implement safety programs consistent with the needs of individual locations.
- Manage safety incident reports and conduct incident/injury investigations (RCCA).
- Have knowledge of warehouse racking and conveyor systems and processes.
- Interpret warehouse operations anomalies and identify appropriate solutions.
- Monitor product damage to determine unsafe acts and its root cause to prevent re-occurrences.
- Facilitate and maintain powered industrial truck training program.
- Establish and maintain business processes to ensure employees are working safely to prevent incidents and injuries that lead to downtime.
- Conduct and communicate safety talks, safety alerts, safety bulletins and trainings.
- Assist in creating literature that will help communicate safety messages.
- Support warehouse management and associates in safety process management.
- Promotes and encourages all employees in safe work habits, i.e. proper lifting, bending, reaching, stretching and flexing.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Federal and State OSHA Regulations.
- Participate in facility audits and is able to execute and track progress on findings.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
- Bilingual in English / Spanish
- College Degree
- Advanced Certifications in Health & Safety (OSHA Based certification)
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Must be able to interact and communicate with employees on a daily basis.
- Must have good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Supervise and positively motivate employees in a team-based environment.
- Ability to speak in front of various groups (management/peers/workers) and sizes.