ABC Fine Wine & Spirits is currently seeking an experienced facilities maintenance technician who takes pride in their work and would like to be part of a team that supports this philosophy. In this position, you will be responsible for the routine maintenance of sixteen (16) ABC Fine Wine & Spirits locations in the Jacksonville Florida area, with bi-monthly trips to the Panhandle and Tallahassee. Please note that this is an "on-call" position and you may be required to travel more often, or as the needs arise. The position is scheduled for 40 hours per week. Maintenance responsibilities include carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating, and mainly ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC). We are seeking an experienced, proven self-starter with the required experience and skills needed for success. Position-specific benefits
- Company vehicle provided
- Gas card provided
- 4-hour minimum compensation provided for all "on-call" service requests
- Cell phone stipend included
- Competitive starting pay - $20 - $22 per hour
- Paid PTO
- Paid hotel and expenses for job-related overnight travel
- Access to vendors and supplies for large tools and repair resources to effectively do the job (small personal hand tools are provided by the candidate)
The primary job as an Area Maintenance Technician is to ensure all locations assigned to you are in good, safe, working order in support of our ABC team members and guests.
• Demonstrate ABC's Service Standards with all guests and team members every day.
• Perform routine maintenance on all HVAC systems; detect, identify and perform needed repairs.
• Inspect buildings and structures to determine functional systems. Detect malfunctions, identify and complete needed repairs.
• Perform minor electrical maintenance to include replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power, and specialty tools.
• Perform minor plumbing maintenance to include replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets and unclogging of drains.
• Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry tasks.
• Order parts and maintain required documents.
• Responsible to be 'on-call' for after-hours emergency repairs or weather/natural disaster preparedness.
• Maintain work areas and company vehicle clean, organized, and free of hazards.
• Perform all duties in compliance with operational and safety policies and directives.
• Attend required meetings and training. Perform other duties as assigned. Position Requirements
Physical Requirements With or Without Accommodations
- Candidate must be certified in HVAC from a trade school or other source.
- 7 years of experience in active HVAC hands-on work is required. Extensive hands-on experience could be considered for the certification requirement.
- In addition to senior skills in HVAC, candidate must have working knowledge of electrical, carpentry, and plumbing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports and communicate effectively with management, other team members and ABC guests.
- Candidate must be a proven self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Valid driver's license, no drugs, no smoking required.
- Candidate must pass both background and drug tests prior to employment
- All candidates must be very fluent in English to communicate effectively with our stores
- Able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, bend, lay horizontally, climb and move throughout facility locations.
- Able to push 100 lbs. (appliances) and lift or move up to 50 lbs. (trash and supplies).
- Able to ascend/descend ladders.
- Able to hear clearly.
- Abilities required include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, working in high, precarious places, extreme heat and cold, loud noise levels, and fumes or airborne particles. Travel in vehicle to multiple store locations; work inside and outside store environment.ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Culture and Benefits
Our Mission is: "We make everyday celebrations better while enriching the lives of team members and by contributing to organizations that benefit families in the communities we serve."
Experience our Core Values: Respect, Empower, Inspire!
- Respect our mission, our guests and each other
- Empower each other to make an impact, no matter how small
- Inspire and support our Team Members and the communities they serve
Come join this family-owned, growth-oriented organization today! You will receive outstanding benefits with your compensation, which include:
Complete your online application today at www.abcfws.com/careers
- PAID VACATION AND PTO
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- ABC UNIVERSITY - GREAT WINE, SPIRITS, BEER, CIGAR TRAINING
- EXCELLENT WELLNESS-BASED HEALTH INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL + FAMILY
- DENTAL AND VISION PLANS
- COMPANY-MATCH 401K PROGRAM
- EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS ON WINE AND SPIRITS
- WELLNESS COACHING WITH NUTRITIONAL EXPERT, DR. CATE
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
. We look forward to helping you take the first step towards a successful ABC career!Equal employment opportunity
ABC is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law ("protected status").
ABC is an alcohol-free, drug-free workplace.