Under general supervision of the Dietary Services Manager, the Cook / Dietary Aide position assures that resident meals and other nourishment's are properly prepared/cooked and apportioned according to authorized menus and individual care plans, and are served according to established schedules, consistent with regulations and standards of practice and provides assistance and support in the delivery of dietary services. Functions within strictly defined procedures with little latitude for variation or change.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Handle and prepare food in a sanitary manner.
- Prepare food which is palatable and appetizing in appearance, with strict adherence to written recipes, menus, an individual diet orders, including:
- Food items on assigned/scheduled menus;
- Special items/meals/snacks/therapeutic or modified diets;
- Special nourishment's/supplements as instructed by dietary services manager; labels with resident name and room number;
- Refreshments for parties/special events as instructed by dietary services manager.
- Adhere to food production and usage schedules.
- Log and/or record temperatures of food storage as requested, i.e., refrigerators, freezers, milk dispensers, dry storage.
- Maintain sanitation of equipment and utensils, and work/storage/serving areas by cleaning immediately after use and according to established schedule for routine cleaning and established policies and procedures.
- Follow written menus and recipes.
- Appropriately label and store food items/leftovers immediately after use.
- Understand and be able to prepare therapeutic diets.
- Be responsible for avoiding food waste.
- Maintain strict adherence to serving schedules for meals.
- Assist in establishment and maintenance of perpetual supplies inventory, and notifies dietary services manager of shortages or discrepancies.
- Be responsible for care of food service equipment.
- Maintain strict compliance with established policy/practices/standards for food preparation and storage.
- Assist in orientation and on-job training of newly hired dietary services staff.
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned by dietary services manager.
- Completion of approved Food, Safety and Sanitation Study Course
- Completion of Care Initiatives Dietary Orientation which includes training on modified diets
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated skills in quantity food preparation and service.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
EOE / AAP Veterans & Disabled
Posting ID: 554940848Posted: 2020-05-21