SUMMARY: To ensure that students referred for Special Education services receive appropriate and timely evaluation and placement and provides technical assistance to the school staff in meeting the needs of Special Education students.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Facilitates the educational and transitional planning for Special Education students.
- Manages student referrals and Special Education placements including consultation with other professionals.
- Participates on school support and school referral teams.
- Serves as a liaison with parents regarding evaluation and placement.
- Coordinates MDT/IEP/ITP meetings and assists in the scheduling of such meetings.
- Conducts psycho-educational evaluations.
- Assists in training teachers in conducting IEPs or providing services when appropriate.
- Provides technical assistance in the area of Special Education when requested.
- Adheres to the National Association of School Psychologists approved standards.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of evaluation and placement process.
- Knowledge of an integrated evaluation/placement process and the Unified Educational System.
- Mediation/conflict resolution skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master's degree in Special Education or equivalent.
- Valid New Mexico Educational Diagnostician license.
- Five years experience in providing services to individuals with disabilities.
Bernadette Lucero-Turner / email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
Salary Schedule A
Posting ID: 554940864Posted: 2020-05-21