Provide developmentally appropriate music instruction using a variety of methods for all students in grades K-5 (and Pre-K as time allows) based on APS standards for elementary music and district and state standards across the curriculum. Positions are itinerant, i.e. teachers will teach in at least one and possibly two schools during the course of the year; teachers are assigned to a different school each year.
NOTE: All music applicants must be willing to teach all categories as assignments can be mixed disciplines and grades: 6 - 12, band, choir, orchestra, guitar, piano, and/or mariachi.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the district program of instruction.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the APS Board of Education goals and objectives.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
- Evaluates the learning progress of students on a regular basis.
- Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the district testing program.
- Establishes and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Selects and requests appropriate books and instructional materials and maintains required inventory records.
- Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers. Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests and volunteers.
- Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience teaching music in various settings at the elementary level such as Special Education, Bilingual programs, Indian Education, etc.
- Experience in providing music-centered professional development for elementary classroom teachers
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Successful teaming experience
- Second language knowledge and willingness to participate in maintenance and continuous improvement of an innovative, successful program model.
- Requires a valid NM teaching certificate (500 or 200) with an endorsement in Performing Arts (music) or be eligible for certification or endorsement;
- Elementary music teaching experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application of APS standards for elementary music.
Fine Arts at (505) 880-8249 / email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume. Applicants are also required to apply for specific positions of interest.
Posting ID: 554940877Posted: 2020-05-21