To provide assistance to the Certified Occupational Therapist in occupational therapy services for students by creating a flexible program and an environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the District program of instruction, as applicable to occupational therapy.
- Assists in planning and implementing programs of therapy that helps students develop to their potential in gross motor, fine motor, perceptual, self-help skills and as much as possible, meets individuals needs, interest and abilities.
- Assists in guiding the learning process toward the achievement of individual educational program goals.
- Assist in assessing therapeutic progress of students on a regular basis.
- Assists in prescribes effective programs or assists in initiating referrals to appropriate agency personnel and provides progress reports as required.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining open lines of communication with students, parents, and staff concerning students' physical therapy program and/or progress.
- Assist in selecting and requesting appropriate instructional materials and equipment and maintains required inventory records.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of district policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
The minimum requirements for this job are as follows:
- Valid New Mexico State Board of Education license in Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Valid New Mexico Occupational Therapist Assistant, K-12 License.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment physical examination.
- Valid New Mexico driver's license with insurable driving record.
Lianne Pierce / firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
Salary Schedule A
Posting ID: 554940901Posted: 2020-05-21