To assist students, families, and schools in the reduction of social, emotional and environmental barriers to learning.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Follows methods of school social work practice appropriate to identified concerns, including direct services, collaboration/consultation, and program development.
- Provides direct services including School Social Work assessments, crisis intervention, group, individual and family counseling/interventions and information/ referral to mobilize resources and services.
- Serves as home-school-community liaison.
- Develops and maintains relationships in partnership with other school personnel, community agencies, students and their families.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings relating to the educational planning and progress of students in Special Education.
- Ensures parent participation in the student's educational placement through home visits and other outreach activities.
- Establishes and maintains communication with parents regarding student academic, social/emotional and behavioral progress.
- Consults and shares information with teachers, administrators and other school personnel.
- Assists in developing positive behavioral supports and interventions strategies for students.
- Participates in the development and delivery of in-service programs for school, District staff, and the community.
- Provides case management services to support and optimize student success in the educational setting.
- Assesses the quality and effectiveness of school social work services and provides documentation, as necessary.
- Accesses clinical social work consultation and support from an LISW level 3 school social worker.
- Complies with the Code of Ethics and Standards for School Social Work Services from the National Association of Social Workers.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations and ability to practice in a culturally competent manner in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of school community, needs of student populations, and Special Education laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and application of a strengths based systems approach.
- Master's degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Valid New Mexico State Board of Education license in Social Work 601.
- Valid and active New Mexico Board of Social Work Examiners license.
Bernadette Lucero-Turner / email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
Salary Schedule A
Posting ID: 554940909Posted: 2020-05-21