SUMMARY: To provide physical therapy services for students by creating a flexible program and an environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the District program of instruction, as applicable to physical therapy.
- Plans and implements programs of therapy that help students develop to their potential in motor, perceptual and self-help skills and as much as possible, meets individuals needs, interests and abilities.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of Individual Educational Program goals.
- Assesses therapeutic progress of students on a regular basis.
- Prescribes effective programs or initiates referrals to appropriate agency personnel and provides progress reports as required.
- Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behaviors and disciplines needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, parents, and staff concerning students' physical therapy program and/or progress.
- Evaluates student's needs for adaptive equipment and facilitates the acquisition of appropriate equipment and instructional materials.
- Obtains physician's prescription for evaluation and treatment for all new students entering a physical therapy program.
- Provides training and on-going direction to school personnel and parents for carryover of physical therapy programs in the classroom and/or at home.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of district policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy.
- Valid New Mexico Physical Therapist, K-12 License.
- Valid New Mexico State Board license in Physical Therapy.
Bernadette Lucero-Turner / firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
Salary Schedule APlease note: All salary verification for self-employed experience will need to be accompanied by a W-2 form in order to verify hours worked
Posting ID: 554940924Posted: 2020-05-21