Instructs athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success while receiving instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Implements assigned sports program following policies and regulations approved by the Board of Education.
- Interprets and implements rules and regulations of the school, league, New Mexico
- Establishes philosophies, skills and techniques to be learned by staff.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant
- Ensures equitable and safe treatment of student athletes at practices, games and while traveling.
- Initiates programs and policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
- Assists athletes in their college or advanced educational selection.
- Examines locker rooms before and after practices and games, checking on general cleanliness of the facility.
- Secures all doors, lights, windows and locks before leaving building if custodians are not on duty.
- Maintains good public relations with news media, Booster Club, parents, officials, volunteers and fans.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Previous successful coaching or competitive experience.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE: The minimum requirements for this job are as follows:
- Valid New Mexico Coaching license.
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
Posting ID: 554940932Posted: 2020-05-21