To provide audiological services by identifying hearing impaired students and providing necessary follow-up with students, medical profession, families, school personnel, and community agencies; by providing inservice and consultations and promoting an understanding of the effects of hearing loss, use of amplification, and hearing conservation.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the District program in audiological service.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, District policy and administrative regulations.
- Plans and implements a program of audiological services that meets the individual needs and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards, Special Education regulations and the APS Board of Education goals and objectives.
- Selects, develops and employs tests, forms, procedures and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives and maintains required inventory records.
- Evaluates the needs and progress of students on a regular basis.
- Prescribes effective programs or initiates referrals to appropriate agency and provides reports as required.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents and staff concerning students' placement, program and progress.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master's degree in Audiology
- Valid New Mexico Audiologist license
Lianne Pierce / email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
Salary Schedule A
Posting ID: 554940946Posted: 2020-05-21