Teaches by creating a flexible program and an environment favorable to learning and personal growth; by encouraging students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to obtain a good foundation for continuous growth and development; by providing students with experiences which integrate the affective, cognitive and psychomotor dimensions of learning; by establishing effective rapport with students and their parents; by assisting students in developing positive feelings toward themselves and others.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the District program of instruction or in a site-based program of instruction approved through the District.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the APS Board of Education goals and objectives and individual student IEP plans if appropriate.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
- Evaluates the learning progress of students on a regular basis.
- Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the District testing program.
- Establishes and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Selects and requests appropriate books and instructional materials and maintains required inventory records.
- Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers. Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests and volunteers.
- Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE: Minimum requirements for this job pursuant to the New Mexico Board of Nursing are as follows:
- The administrator of the nursing program and all nursing program faculty shall hold current licenses to practice as registered nurses (RNs) in New Mexico or in a compact state.
- Full time Nursing faculty shall hold a graduate degree in nursing; faculty without a graduate degree may be employed for one year and then are required to complete a graduate degree within the next five years. Faculty with a bachelor's degree must provide an educational contrract of progression.
- Part time Nursing faculty shall hold a minimum of bachelor's degree in nursing; faculty without a BSN may be employed for one year and then are required to complete a BSN completion program of MSN program within five years. Faculty without a BSN or graduate degree must provide an educational contract with evidence of progression.
- Valid certification in nursing or equivalent.
www.aps.edu/jobs - Certified Application
Posting ID: 554941013Posted: 2020-05-21