Director, Integrated Marketing
Jersey City, NJ, USA Req #13957
Friday, May 29, 2020
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
Jackson Hewitt (JH) has an immediate opening for an energetic, entrepreneurial, and savvy Director, Integrated Marketing
to join the Marketing team in our New Jersey headquarters. As the Director, you will manage a team who is responsible for communicating Jackson Hewitt's brand story through compelling, impactful, and cohesive marketing content delivered across all distribution channels. You will specifically focus on TV, radio, social/digital (paid & earned), branded content and interactive experiences that push and deliver strategic campaigns. With experience in strategy and positioning, message development, information architecture, web development, user experience design, and strong SEO & SEM, you will be able to create and develop integrated content experiences that deliver real business results. You & your team:
Your core purpose is to develop and execute an integrated content marketing strategy that brings our conversation-worthy brand to life in a story-based approach that leverages multiple medium and increases brand awareness, drives local market amplification, and, ultimately, increases conversion rates. About You:
You have strategic vision combined with the ability to articulate and actuate that vision across multiple marketing channels and mediums. You pair this with a strong grasp of editorial operations and the ability to guide contributors, keep multiple creative work streams on track, and oversee consistency of day-to-day production. What you'll do here:
Skills you'll bring for success:
- Define and execute a content and editorial strategy that communicates the brand vision, captures the hearts of JH's target audience, and drives engagement throughout the overall funnel.
- Develop the roadmap for content production and delivery that aligns against integrated marketing initiatives - solving for the collective needs of the business, including campaigns, events, product launches, promotions, and, most importantly, addressing all moments of time in the calendar year.
- Design and implement a marketing content strategy with a focus on both organic search-driven content (SEO), thought leadership, and viral content (social).
- Define the monthly and quarterly content calendar in collaboration with stakeholders across functional areas to align on content needs and ensure content is being amplified across all channels.
- Provide an analytical perspective, set realistic goals, and develop a reporting plan for key performance metrics such as growth, engagement, reach, sentiment and conversation across channels.
- Partner with internal creative teams and agencies to brainstorm, ideate, and execute creative social and influencer content, considering new and interesting ways with an emphasis on emerging trends and best practices.
- Develop website content that educates the user and drives ROI, while delivering against our ultimate goal of providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for content, inclusive of education, editorial/blog, in-box, organic social, distribution [email/SEO], owned, and emerging channels, balancing creativity and business impact.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone, and optimized for search and/or user experience across all channels.
- Set the tone for a high functioning team, able to effectively collaborate and influence at scale, while building a culture of optimism and resiliency.
What you will get if you join us:
- 10+ years of integrated marketing experience at a brand or agency
- Experience working on a challenger brand (taking on category leaders using a smaller budget)
- Empathetic cross-functional leader and people manager with 3+ years leadership experience
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- Experience with creating, launching, and/or revamping content for new and established audiences
- Experience working with a Franchisee based organization - realizing there are multiple needs and users for content
- Proven track record delivering content, content marketing, and community development for financial products, professional services, or related brands preferred
- Retail/ecommerce experience, including current industry trends
- Experience tailoring content strategies for different channels, aligning with key business metrics
- Exceptional writing and/or editor skills
- Experience handling budgets and formulating resourcing plans
- Ability to be data guided and insights driven using social listening tools and business reporting
- Ability to work in a virtual work hub to create, orchestrate, manage, and deliver against project deliverables
- Talented presenter and story-teller is a bonus
- Can thrive and create your own structure in a fluid work environment
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Natural collaborator comfortable organizing and navigating across groups
- Comfortable with both big-picture strategy and in-the-weeds execution
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 21 Days Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
- Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Corporate