Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Principal Cable & Harness Engineer, located in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following cable & harness tasks for Air and/or Space Vehicle programs:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Define and document electrical interconnects through coordination with system, subsystem, and unit engineers
- Incorporate project flow down requirements into the harness/cable design
- Prepare Preliminary Design Audit (PDA) and Critical Design Audit (CDA) data packages and support design reviews
- Assist in establishing harness/cable routing and segmentation.
- Perform voltage drop analysis and capacitance studies
- Coordinate and document RF loss analysis
- Prepare and release equipment specifications, manufacturing assembly drawings, and interconnect diagrams
- Prepare fuse module, fusistor module, diode module, resistor module assembly drawings and test procedures
- Provide support to Manufacturing and Spacecraft Assembly and Test
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI and/or DoD Top Secret clearances
- Active SCI and/or TS/SSBI clearance
- Previous experience with the successful design and delivery of spacecraft and/or aircraft DC harnesses and RF cables
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills, leadership skills, and organization skills
- Extensive knowledge of military standards of connectors, wires, and contacts for space applications such as MIL-C-38999, MIL-C-24308, MIL-DTL-83513, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-HDBK-83575, DOD-W-83575
- Proficient using harness design software tools such as Mentor Graphics, Routed Systems Design (RSD), CATIA and with Microsoft Access and Visio
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554941449Posted: 2020-07-02