Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on business operations, Penske is temporarily delaying our hiring for most positions within our organization. We expect to have positions like this available in the future and are looking to identify talent for those roles today. Our recruiting Team is actively reviewing and engaging with qualified candidates for phone screenings at this time. Please do apply if you are interested.
Penske is seeking an ambitious Senior Accountant to join our Controllership team. We are looking for an associate that will provide fresh thinking and has the desire to be "best in class". This position will collaborate with the business, focusing on the administration, accounting and reporting of our leases. This position will work closely with various departments including Operations, Treasury, Foreign Affiliations, and others within Controllership, offering support and driving process improvements.Work Location:
2675 Morgantown Road Reading PA, 19607Major Responsibilities:
- A liaison with the business to evaluate, administer, account and report on leases by applying Penske's lease accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Provide support in the evaluation of contracts as well as maintain and update Penske's lease accounting records for new lease transactions, modifications and terminations.
- Prepare lease classification tests, which involves interaction with Operations, Treasury and Controllership.
- Reconcile, analyze, and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
- Prepare and analyze reports that support Penske's internal and external reporting.
- Provide expertise and guidance to general inquiries regarding Penske's lease accounting policies as well as related GAAP.
- Provide support to Operations to evaluate lease/buy decisions.
- Provide support for special projects, ad hoc requests, and other duties as assigned.
- Develop and drive process improvements.
- Establish rapport and build cooperative working relationships with relevant internal and external parties.
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- At least 3 years related experience demonstrating knowledge of financial statement analysis, financial reporting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Technical Accounting experience is preferred
- Experience with Tririga is preferred
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player and self-driven individual
- Ability to multi-task and meet reporting requirement deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.Work Locations:
100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607Primary Location:
Finance/AccountingPenske (Oracle) Job Name: