Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on business operations, Penske is temporarily delaying our hiring for most positions within our organization. We expect to have positions like this available in the future, and are looking to identify talent for those roles today. Our recruiting team is actively reviewing and engaging with qualified candidates for phone screenings at this time. Please do apply if you are interested.
If you have any questions please contact Tony Scavone, Green Hills Corporate Recruiter at 610-603-8386. :
This role will provide support to the Remarketing Pricing Team, Used Vehicle Purchasing Team and the Business Acquisition Team. The Commercial Fleet Evaluator will provide accurate valuations for large fleets that are being considered for purchase; he/she will also provide support managing active deals. Information provided by the person in this role will be a critical component used in making large scale business decisions.
Evaluate Large Fleets:
• Assist Sell2Lease buyers with valuations for large fleet offers/purchases, inclusive of initial offers and vehicle inspection reviews
• Provide support to Business Development team when an acquisition is being considered
• Provide recommendations of disposal or incorporation into Penske fleet on potential acquisitions
• Understand the implications of the specs, quantity, concentration and location of units on fleet valuations and the downstream impacts if incorrect
• Develop queries and analyze sale trend data to assist with valuations
• Other projects as assigned by the manager
• Provide feedback and recommendations to the rest of the Pricing Team based on findings during fleet analyses
• Develop queries and analyze data for vehicles listed for sale, vehicles sold, and vehicles terming within 12 months as support for fleet valuations
• Provide support maintaining pricing models and external data sources including Black Book, Truck Paper and other market data sources
• Provide input for systems/IT development that can improve productivity within the role
Large Deal Support:
• Provide ongoing updates and adjustments as needed for acquisitions or Sell2Lease deals that are won, including adjustments for spec changes, vehicle location changes.
• Be a resource for the Business Acquisition Team and the Sell2Lease buyers
• Update Remarketing Pricing Manager and/or Director on current deal statuses
• Fulfill all requests for vehicle market values for schedule-A buyouts and alternative payment calculations
• Provide Black Book wholesale values when warranted
• Provide estimates for dealer offers when requested
• Work with the dealer sales team to acquire bona fide offers when required
• Work with legal team to supply supporting documentation as needed
Maintain a Deep Understanding of the Used Truck Market at All Times:
• Review trade journals to stay in touch with market trends
• Collaborate with other members of the Remarketing Pricing Team and S2L Buyers to stay up to date on market and current pricing/buying strategies
• Bring price opportunities uncovered during the large fleet review process to the Remarketing Pricing Manager and/or Director
• Review win/loss trends in Sell2Lease to understand where we have opportunities to raise or lower our offer strategy
• High School Diploma required, Bachelor's degree preferred
• 5 years of experience involving the used commercial vehicle sales market required
• 2 years of analytical experience with pricing required
• Experience with used vehicle sales / negotiation required
• Must have understanding of commercial vehicle specs
• Must understand both the new and used vehicle market
• Understanding of the value impact of vehicle condition required
• Must be customer centric & have the ability to engage with customers
• Strong written and oral communication as well as presentation skills required
• Strong attention to detail required
• Must have an analytical mindset
• Computer skills to include: Access, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Must be able to meet multiple deadlines to multiple internal/external customers with fast turn-around times
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must have highly developed organizational skills, including appropriate use of technology
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: ATTN: CENT. RES-SITE 2-2561 Bernville Rd Reading, PA 19605
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Other Corporate
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Other Corporate
Req ID: 1909590