Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Modeling and Simulation System Performance Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The selected candidate will support the development of modeling and simulation for system performance and architecture for the Global Strategy Mission Solution (GSMS) group.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications
- Systems and Mission Engineer with Modeling and Simulation with modeling, simulation, and analysis experience
- Modeling and Simulation experience with Matlab and/or Python
- Work across multiple disciplines to define system performance and early system definition
- Coordinate with engineers and analysts to integrate information into a demonstration and generate the analysis of visualization results
- Strong analytical thinking and systems/SE approach
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 5+ years of engineering experience OR a STEM Masters Degree with 3+ years OR a PhD with 0+ years
- Demonstrated Modeling and Analysis experience in Matlab or other related modeling tools
- Experience with C, C++, Perl or Python
- Work experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, and/or Cameo
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government Clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Applied Mathematics
- Demonstrated modeling and analysis experience working space program
- Experience with various phenomenology, able to work across multiple disciplines, experience with early system definition and MBSE is desired
- Strong communication skills required to support frequent customer interactions
- Team player/ leader with strong analytical skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554941680Posted: 2020-06-25