At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Low Observable Applicator
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.Position Summary:
This position requires complete knowledge and skill of layout, application of materials, and finishes to exterior & interior surfaces of aircraft (including procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, and applicable specifications and safety regulations).
The Low Observable Applicator
will be responsible for:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Applying all surface materials and finishes to a completed aircraft or major subassembly.
- Applying materials to meet required surface smoothness and tolerances.
- Performing rework, modifications and touch up according to the level of difficulty of the operations described above.
- Using manufacturing engineering planning documents and verbal instructions to complete operations to established procedures.
- Performing the above functions on complete aircraft, aircraft and major subassemblies.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of related applicator experience.
- Requires complete knowledge and skill of layout, application of materials, and finishes to exterior & interior surfaces of aircraft (including procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, and applicable specifications and safety regulations).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Current DoD Secret Clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554941719Posted: 2020-06-11