At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You build trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is you...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a highly-motivated System Engineer 3 with extensive software, hardware, and system knowledge to own and troubleshoot system issues and train end-users. The candidate should be a self-starter and will be responsible for working within and outside of the IPT to resolve high visibility issues. This role will be from the Systems Engineering directorate and report to the SE IPT and program. This position will be located at Palmdale, Ca or Edwards AFB, CA.
- Provide expert software, hardware, and system support to on-site end-users.
- Train end-users.
- Support the IPT with defect resolution and enhancement efforts.
- Communicate issues to IPT leadership.
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations on courses of action.
- Work closely with hardware and software engineers in a lab and training environment at Edwards AFB.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) with 5+ years of software, hardware, and systems experience (3+ with Masters in STEM and 0+ with PhD in STEM).
- Security Requirements: Candidate must have Active DoD Top Secret and a background investigation within the scope of five years and be able to obtain and maintain a program specific accesses if required.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) with 10+ years of software, hardware, and systems experience (6+ years with Masters and 4+ years with PhD.
- Mission Planning experience
- Previous experience with existing system
- Program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554941766Posted: 2020-05-21