At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an Assistant Department Manager (ADM) for the Digital Integrated Circuits and Electronics Department - an organization of 100+ engineers that develops FPGA and ASIC Electronics for Space Systems, including processor, routing and switching, and digital communication products. The successful candidate will possess the project management skills to oversee all phases of FPGA and ASIC development, including but not limited to proposal and costing, requirements derivation, design, verification, and testing, with roles ranging from individual contribution to leadership of design teams.
Primary responsibility is to assist the Department Manager in the day to day operations of the department; specific tasks include: oversee on-going and new product development; support proposal activities and new business development; ensure programs are adequately staffed and hiring goals are met; enforce process compliance and support process improvement initiatives; work with customers to ensure expectations are fully met; support capital and indirect resource planning and control; identify employee training needs; and provide career guidance and performance assessment of 10 to 15 direct senior staff engineers. The role will have broad exposure to other product/process areas across Northrop Grumman Space Systems and will require a demonstrated ability to work with multiple disciplines to ensure the successful development & insertion of key ASIC and FPGA technologies in an increasingly cost-competitive environment.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video:
South Bay Job Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or other Engineering field from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 7 years of digital ASIC/FPGA design, digital unit design and/or digital slice design experience
- Proven technical, program or functional leadership experience
- Ability to manage engineers in a process driven environment
- Experience collaborating with employees within a department and across functional areas
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Master's or PhD Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Recognition within the broader organization as a Subject Matter Expert, Responsible Design Engineer or Integrated Product Team Lead for ASIC and FPGA Electronics for Space Systems
- Familiarity with NGSS technical & administrative processes and procedures is highly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership abilities
- Demonstrations of excellent communications skills which include the ability to verbally articulate and to make effective presentations, and to prepare clear and concise written reports are desired.
- Experienced in product development, proposal support, managing capital and indirect budgets
- Experience as a functional manager
- An ability to manage and balance competing interests/priorities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.