Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Successful candidates for this position will work in a lead systems engineering technical role supporting development for a next generation ground system in the National Security Systems (NSS) business area. The program is considered a center-of-excellence for ground software development developing innovative tools to aid operators with planning spacecraft maneuvers and supporting vehicle activities, as well as monitoring the progress and safety of the mission.
This Lead Systems Engineering role is responsible for leading the Systems Engineering technical team, which includes the following duties: coordinating engineering activities, engineering baseline management, interface management, systems analysis and trades, requirements/Verification & Validation management, subcontractor technical oversight, cost account management (CAM)/EVMS duties, preparing/presenting systems engineering material at all major reviews and program monthly reviews (PMRs) and interfacing with multiple customers on technical issues.
The responsibilities includes both individual-contributor and leadership roles within a multi-disciplined engineering team. In this lead role, the Lead Systems Engineer is expected to be self-directed using previous experience to lead design, analysis, and execution efforts. Candidates should be able to:
- Recognize and mitigate technical issues and risks while operating within budget and on schedule.
- Lead/Provide major support to the entire technical team.
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions to complex problems that the program may encounter.
- Develop, author, and/or provide input to major program data products and other deliverables.
- Provide management of technical program elements.
- Plan and conduct technical reviews and technical baseline planning.
- Write status and technical performance reviews and reports.
- Mentor, coach, train, guide, direct and advise junior staff.
NoVASpaceQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, or similar) and 14+ years of experience, or a Masters degree in Engineering and 12+ years of experience.
- Ability to lead integration of complex space systems development, manufacture, test or operations.
- Ability to lead a diverse multi-discipline Engineering team.
- The candidate will work with cross-discipline team members and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation experience and the ability to work with a diverse community of engineers and managers to achieve the goals of the program team.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.