At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for an Agile Coach & Process Improvement Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at our Chandler, AZ facility.
Are you interested in being part of a team that transforms a large organization into a high performing team with business agility? Are you looking for an opportunity that empowers you to incorporate Lean and Agile best practices to increase efficiency and quality? If so, this position is for you. Responsibilities include leading process and procedure improvement activities, coaching and mentoring Agile teams and leaders, coordinating and providing training to development staff, and assisting multiple programs with the incorporation of Agile practices. Working with a cohort of Agile coaches and trainers at the division, sector, and enterprise levels, the selected candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving common Agile methodologies, policies, and procedures for an Agile, iterative solution lifecycle from an executable architecture, concept development, iterative design, production, delivery, deployment, and maintenance.
Leads projects, programs or organizations in their adoption of Agile practices. Provides best practices, process tailoring, training, and team and leadership coaching to enable effective Agile execution. Supports proposal development, risk management, release management, and project planning activities. Assists in developing, maintaining, and continuously improving standard Agile training, practices, policies, and procedures across operations and development lifecycles.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Technical experience with concentration in design, development, integration, implementation, and operations of complex large-scale information systems and technologies
- Active SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) and/or Scrum master and/or Product Owner certifications
- Minimum of 3 years' experience leading development teams in an Agile environment
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance
- Experience implementing Agile in a manufacturing environment (product design, engineering analysis, product development, etc.)
- Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Certified Scrum@Scale Trainer, SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT), Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), or equivalent certification.
- 7 years of experience leading teams in an Agile environment, including cyber-physical solutions, embedded development, and multi-team projects
- Experience working with Scrum, Feature Driven Development, Test Driven Development, eXtreme Programming, Continuous Integration & Delivery, DevOps
- Experience implementing Agile principles and practices within DoD or Federal government or other high-compliance environment
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and their application to Agile programs
- Participated in the planning, training, and execution supporting at least one Agile Release Train launch
- Ran a minimum of five(5) successful Program Increments (PI)
- Direct experience with transitioning teams to Agile practices, including both individual teams and multi-team projects
- PMP and PMI-ACP certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.