Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Perform in-process and final inspections on circuit card assemblies under magnification in accordance with NASA 8739 or IPC workmanship standards.
- Perform inspections on box level assemblies and support environmental testing activities
- Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
- Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with Orbital Sciences Corporations ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions
- Minimum 2 years experience in manufacturing or inspection fields of electronic components or assemblies
- Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
- Above average technical writing skills is mandatory.
- Previous experience inspecting to either NASA 8739 series or IPC/J-STD-001 for circuit card assemblies, or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of both SMT and through-hole parts and ability to discern acceptability criteria of both part types
- Experience programming or operating the Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) equipment
- Associates (2 year) degree in engineering discipline or non-technical 4 year degree from accredited institute
- Working knowledge of TIPQA and/or Costpoint database applications
- Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554941831Posted: 2020-05-21